Hi, my name is Isa, and this is my first blog post.
Reading has always been one of my favorite pastimes. I loved books like Pinkalicious, Where the Wild Things Are, and Harold and the Purple Crayon. I loved books so much that when I finished my book, I would be extremely upset because I wanted the story to continue, which is how I discovered my love for series. I fell in love with the world of Harry Potter, Hunger Games, and Percy Jackson. While reading these books, the story never had to end.
One of the many reasons I adore reading, is because a good book can transport you into their world. Reading can make me a bright witch attending Hogwarts, a starving tribute fighting alongside Katniss, or a powerful demigod playing capture the flag at Camp Half Blood. Reading will always be something that I love, and will enjoy doing.
This summer, I read Taking Flight, Brown Girl Dreaming, and Pretty Little Liars. My favorite book was Brown Girl Dreaming by Jaquline Woodson. Before I started to read, I wasn't sure I would like it. I usually read fiction, so this book written in verse was very out of my comfort zone. But, as I started to read, I realized how poetry can describe things, in a way normal writing can't. In one sentence, the author can make a situation seem dark, deep, but also beautiful at the same time. I soon found myself so absorbed in the story, feeling as if I was this girl going up in Brooklyn. I think every girl should read this book, not only because it is beautifully written, but because every girl can connect with the story.
Reading this book, and just reading in general, has made me smarter and more aware of what is happening, or has happened in our world.
That is the end of my first blog post. I hope this blog will encourage others too read, especially the books I suggest!
Thanks for reading, Isa I.
Reading this book, and just reading in general, has made me smarter and more aware of what is happening, or has happened in our world.
That is the end of my first blog post. I hope this blog will encourage others too read, especially the books I suggest!
Thanks for reading, Isa I.
when i was younger i also read harold and the purple crayon, and where the wild things are. i loooovvveeed them. ;*
ReplyDeleteI really like your description of reading, and the way you describe books is very interesting
ReplyDeleteYour blog was fantastic, and I can resonate with your feeling of wanting a book to never end. I've never really thought about books or stories in this way, and it was interesting to hear your point of view. Do you think that Brown Girl Dreaming is describing an experience that only girls can relate to, or does it in some ways also apply to boys?
ReplyDelete